Tuesday 20 November 2012

KITCHEN PROGRESS REPORT PART 2

Well hello!

Tempus fugit eh?

Thought I should get on here and update what's happening with the kitchen project etc.

Well not a lot's happening at the moment as we still need to get a guy in to do the complicated woodwork bits. Namely the sink hole, the oven door window hole and cut to door size & the fridge doors (as well as fitting a cat flap lol).

But I have covered the outside of the fridge in the cream gloss vinyl and put some red vinyl up for the kitchen walls which looks a lot better::



I just have to get the sink hole cut so that I can fit the sink bowl and use granite fablon for the work top, then I can stick the tile splash back up. (Tile splash back is actually tiled kitchen wallpaper from B&Q and we only need a small sample sized amount which they gave us for free!).

That's where we are on the play kitchen at the moment, in other words a little bit stuck :D

In the middle of being stuck and not able to do anything, I've been keeping busy (other than with real life lol) with making play food to go in it.

Having a renewed interest in crochet, I found this great website where you can find almost any crochet pattern for anything you need! Best of all they're all free!

I found this pattern for a chocolate cherry cupcake and used some fluffy pink wool for the frosting.

I also found this awesome pattern for a chocolate chip cookie, fairly easy but you have to sew the chips on which took a little while.

This is how they turned out, all in all it probably took me around an hour to make the pair of them.



Daisy loves them & we have great fun having a pretend cup of tea and cookie together!

Love & craftiness!

Claire xx


No comments:

Post a Comment