Thursday 11 October 2012

KITCHEN PROGRESS REPORT PART 1

So it's been about 3 days since the dresser/kitchen arrived and I've been busy!!!

Firstly, fridge update.

I have covered the inside of the fridge and freezer all over with white self adhesive vinyl (Ebay) fitted a sticky LED strip push light (also Ebay) & fitted the shelf.

The shelf is actually an A4 sheet of frosted perspex I bought on Ebay (sensing a theme?) for about £3.
I fitted it by putting 4 screws underneath the shelf to act as a bracket so that the shelf could be removed for cleaning etc.

Here's photographic explanation :-)


Forgot to mention, I've also applied some brushed steel effect self adhesive vinyl to the feet of the fridge too.

We picked up the little ice cream tubs from Asda when we went as they were on offer & also the plastic ice cube tray which was 3 for £1!






So onto the kitchen itself now.

I have taken the right hand door off as it's going to be re sized as the oven door & I have covered the interior of the oven section with black self adhesive vinyl (also Ebay lol).

I bought a fantastic set of 20 red LED rice lights from Ebay for about £4 that are battery operated and I have attached them to the top of the oven using more of the black vinyl to hide the wire and the battery pack.

I've attached the battery pack to the side of the oven so that the switch can be easily turned off and on, and I used sticky backed velcro to attach it to the side so that should the batteries need changed, it can easily detach and reattach.


On finishing that, I then turned my attention to the hob on the top.

I stuck aome more of the brushed steel vinyl to the top and then cut out 4 hob rings using some of the black vinyl. I did this by carefuly cutting around a large coffee cup with a craft knife.

I've put the little oven knobs I was given from Too good to waste along the side for show, but I plan on painting them black with plastic paint and supergluing them down at some point.


So there we have it for now. Next job is to try and get a jigsaw to cut holes for both the round stainless steel bowl (the sink) and also a window for the oven door. (Which also needs trimming to size)

I'm going to try and use a large circular drill bit to drill out the holes for the taps & need to order the worktop fablon and red vinyl for the wallpaper.

Updates soon.

Love & craftiness!

Claire xx

No comments:

Post a Comment